August 31, 1952, Marsha Sharp
attended high school
in Tulia, Texas and graduated from Wayland Baptist University in
Plainview in 1974. She received her master's degree in 1976 from
West Texas State University in Canyon. Coached six years on the high
school level at Lockney, directing the Lady Longhorns to three
district titles while going 126-63, which
opened the door to a career coaching for Texas Tech.
She was head coach of
Texas Tech University's women's basketball team, the Lady Raiders in
1982 and retired after 24 years. In 2003, Sharp was inducted into
the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame. The Marsha Sharp Center for
Student-Athletes on the campus of Texas Tech and the Marsha Sharp
Freeway in Lubbock are both named after her.
Haunted Lubbock: True Ghost Stories from the
Hub of the Plains
Lubbock Stories: Personal Remembrances from
the Hub City
Historic Lubbock County: An Illustrated
PINKIE: A West Texas Legend
A place set apart: The history of Ransom
Remembering Slaton, Texas: Centennial
. . .